Each agency applying for partnership with the Westmoreland Food Bank must meet the following criteria:
1. Have and must provide to the Westmoreland Food Bank a copy of 501(c) (3) tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service or you may provide the IRS letter, Church Qualifier Form, or a copy of your qualification status as indicated in IRS Publication 78.
2. Complete and sign an application for membership and pass a pre on-site monitoring visit of the facility to be used for meal service or pantry distributions.
3. Come to Westmoreland Food Bank for an orientation and facilities tour.
4. Have designated days and hours of operation and agree to serve meals (on-site programs) or hold distributions (pantry programs) twelve months of the year. All clients must reside in Westmoreland County.
5. Agree to serve the needy in accordance with United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) rules which prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital or family status.
6. Agree to abide by the policies, procedures, record keeping, food safety, and reporting requirements of the Food Bank. Client enrollment forms (pantry programs) must be completed according to program operation requirements.
7. Have adequate storage to insure the quality of Food Bank items until used or distributed. Storage of Food Bank items must be separate from food used for other purposes.
8. Must not use, transfer, barter, or offer for sale the items supplied by the Food Bank in exchange for money, property or services, or otherwise allow the items to re-enter commercial channels.
9. Must not require clients to participate in prayer or in a religious service in order to receive food.
10. Agree to be monitored by authorized personnel of the Food Bank.
11. Agree to pay a partnership fee of $10 per month. This fee helps to offset a portion of the operating costs of the Westmoreland County Food Bank.
12. Agree to pay transportation costs for the Food Pantry Distribution Program of $100 per month for the food to be delivered to your site. It may be possible to share a delivery truck with another pantry for a fee of $50 per month. You may pick up your order at Westmoreland Food Bank without a delivery fee.
For more information on becoming a Partner Agency of Westmoreland Food Bank, please contact Texie Waddell, Director of Agency Relations, at 724-468-8660 ext. 20.