For individuals with an interest or major in human services, this internship provides the opportunity to assist our Director of Programs with the planning and administration of this important program that provides school-aged children with access to nutritious foods outside of the school year.
This federally funded program is operated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and administered at the state level by a state agency. The Department of Education administers the program in Pennsylvania and reimburses sponsors for meals served to children 18 and under at approved sites in low-income areas.
What we look for:
- Computer proficient with some experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Participants must have their own transportation and a valid PA driver’s license
What you’ll do:
- Assist with program planning, including the determination of returning sites and development of new sites
- Assist with planning mandatory training sessions for site supervisors
- Receive training information on proper administrative responsibilities involved in the areas of monitoring, record keeping, reviews and evaluations for each site to provide assistance in each area
- Work with food service providers to provide daily meal counts and make adjustments to food orders
- Visit Summer Meal Program sites throughout Westmoreland County to complete mandatory reviews and monitoring. Mileage reimbursement will be provided.
For information, contact Michelle Heller, Director of Programs, at 724-468-8660 ext. 25.