Fighting Hunger in Westmoreland County One Volunteer at a Time
Westmoreland County Food Bank Asks Public to Pledge to Volunteer in 2017
The Westmoreland County Food Bank is joining the Feeding America® nationwide network of food banks in asking the public to make a pledge to volunteer to help fight hunger in 2017. Individuals who commit to volunteering will help over 31,000 people in Westmoreland County who may not always have access to nutrient-rich food needed to thrive.
“Volunteers power the Westmoreland County Food Bank. We rely heavily on volunteers to help us serve the 7,200 of households that turn to us each year,” said Louise Wilhelm at Director of Volunteers & Food Drives. “And when you give your time, you get back something amazing in return – The feeling that you personally are helping put food into the hands of people who need it.”
Volunteer activities can range from packing, sorting and distributing food; helping to staff an event; or providing hunger-relief organizations with access to specialized skills, such as carpentry, marketing or technology. To join others in Westmoreland County who have made a commitment to make a difference in 2017;
- Visit FeedingAmerica.org/Pledge and make the pledge to volunteer to help people facing hunger.
- Enter your zip code to learn more about the Westmoreland County Food Bank and how hunger affects your community.
- Contact WCFB and participate in a volunteer session with your family and friends.
- Share your experience and the impact of your work on social media with #FeedingAmerica and @WestmorelandFoodBank to challenge others to also make the pledge.
- Already a volunteer? Take the pledge again this year to continue the fight to end hunger.
No matter what happens in the world, volunteers have the power to make a difference in the lives of others. By pledging to volunteer to fight hunger in your community, the Westmoreland County Food Bank and the Feeding America network of food banks, food pantries and meal programs can carry out its mission for a hunger-free America.
Visit FeedingAmerica.org/Pledge to make a pledge and learn more about volunteer opportunities at the Westmoreland County Food Bank.