A Planned Giving Program is to a non-profit organization what a 401K Retirement Plan is to an employee. Once it is sufficiently funded, you can live off of the income for the rest of your (or the non-profit’s) life.
- Life insurance can be given in the form of cash or securities. Once given as a gift, the policy is tax deductible.
- Giving an estate as a charitable gift can considerably reduce taxes and can sometimes be 100% tax deductible.
- Outright gifts can be given in the form of cash or securities. These funds are available for immediate use of the non-profit.
- Life income gifts not exceeding $5,000 are 100% tax deductible.
- Charitable Gift Annuities not only provide a charitable gift to a non-profit, but also provide a lifetime income for the donor’s heirs.